Every application submitted by the May 5th, 2023 deadline with all of the required documentation will be reviewed in two stages:
- An internal jury at Makers, consisting of all producers with various backgrounds and specialties will review all applications from May 8th – 19th 2023 and rate them using a points system. You can review the SCORE CARD here.
- Applicants whose points scored shine above the rest will then make it the semi-final evaluation and will be notified for a virtual interview by May 22nd, 2023.
- The semi-final evaluation interviews will take place between May 24th to June 3rd, 2023.
- The Makers Scholarship Committee will then choose the four awarded applications, and will notify them on June 6th, 2023.
- Projects are assessed based on analysis of creative materials, their ability to meet the criteria, that they tell a clear story, and exhibit originality.
- The primary criterion for acceptance by the Makers Scholarship Committee will be the quality of the project.
- Makers reserves the right to request additional information relating to the scholarship application, as required, in order to make its decisions.