- Beginning a week after the project awards, Makers Mentors and the scholarship winners will enter into pre-production for the project identified in the scholarship pitch.
- Together, we will aim to complete the project by the end of August, 2021.
- Makers Mentors will offer up to 2 hours per week of mentorship time until the final project is completed.
Mentorship time may consist of virtual meetings, phone calls, and/or email communication.
- Makers Mentors will help in the following ways, but not limited to;
Reviewing the story and pitch, and helping guide the winners to a well crafted finished treatment.
Offering solutions for the best path forward for the execution of the treatment
→ This could be in picking the medium, the platform, the team, and the software used, etc.
Introductions made to industry members who may offer valuable advice that pertains to certain aspects of a treatment’s component.
- The scholarship winners will be eligible to attend Makers’ productions if applicable to their treatment medium. If the winners’ treatments do not involve a live-action shoot of some capacity, the Makers Mentor will find an alternative real-life example project for them to observe and/or shadow.